- Meals and Recipes
- 5 Months ago
Spinach and Cucumber Pancakes
These unique pancakes rich in iron are an easy recipe to pack for your kid's lunch box. Try it!
Note: To prevent sogginess - remember to squeeze out water from the cucumber and pack the pancakes only after cooling.
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
Makes 6 pancakes
• Cucumber (grated): 1/3 cup
• Rice flour: 1/2 cup
• Spinach (shredded): 2 tbsp
• Turmeric Powder: a pinch
• Oil: 1 tbsp oil for cooking
1. Combine the cucumber and salt and keep aside for 10 minutes.
2. Squeeze out the water from cucumber and combine all the remaining ingredients in a bowl.
3. Add enough water (approx. ¾ cup) and mix well to make a smooth batter. Keep aside for 10 minutes.
4. Divide the batter into 6 equal portions and keep aside.
5. Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), spread a ladleful of batter to make a 100 mm. (4") diameter circle.
6. Cook on a medium flame using ½ tsp of oil till it turns light brown in colour on both the sides.
7. Repeat with the remaining batter to make 5 more pancakes.