- Meals and Recipes
- 5 Months ago
This is definitely an interesting way to make your kid eat spinach. Try this recipe.
Preparation Time: 15-20 mintues
Cooking Time: 30-40 minutes
• 1 medium bunch- Spinach leaves
• 2 ½ cups + for dusting - Refined maida
• 1 tbsp Salt
• 1/3 cup Olive oil
• 1tbsp oil for sealing and brushing
• 2 cloves of garlic
• 1 medium onion finely chopped
• 1 tsp black pepper powder
• ½ tsp green cardamom powder
• 1 tbsp raisins
• 1 tbsp chopped walnuts
• Juice of 1/3rd lemon
• Fresh coriander sprigs for garnish
1. Preheat oven at 180°C. Place a silicon sheet on a baking tray.
2. Combine refined flour, 1 tsp salt and olive oil in a bowl. Add sufficient water and knead into semi-soft dough. Set aside.
3. Clean, wash and finely chop spinach leaves.
4. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a non-stick pan. Crush garlic cloves, add and sauté for a while.
5. Add onion and salt, mix and sauté till onion is lightly browned.
6. Add pepper and cardamom powder, mix well and sauté well. Add spinach, toss and cook.
7. Add raisins and walnuts, mix well and cook till the spinach wilts and is fully cooked.
8. Add lemon juice and mix well and cook for a minute.
9. Transfer the cooked spinach mixture on a plate and cool to room temperature. Squeeze the excess moisture from the spinach.
10. Dust the dough with little flour and roll out into a large thin sheet. Cut 8 round discs using a medium sized cookie cutter.
11. Apply little oil on the edges of the discs. Place a spoonful of spinach mixture in the centre, bring in the edges, pinch and make into parcels sealing the edges.
12. Place the parcels on the baking tray, brush with little oil and put in the preheated oven. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
13. Remove from heat and place the pies on a serving dish. Garnish with coriander sprigs and serve hot.