Stuffed Chicken & Vegetable Omelet
Turn your plain egg omelet into a more nutritious and colorful dish by stuffing it with some fresh veggies and shredded chicken. Add in greens like spinach & amaranth along with cheese and sneak in vital nutrients into your kid's diet.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Makes: 2 servings
For the Omelet:
Eggs- 2 nos.
Black Pepper Powder- To taste
Salt- To taste
Milk- 1 tbsp
Olive Oil- 1 tbsp
Grated Cheese- 1 ½ tbsp
For the Stuffing:
Finely-Sliced Shallots/ Spring Bulbs- 2 shallots
Grated Carrot- 1 ½ tbsp
Capsicum- 1 tbsp (red/yellow/green bell peppers)
Finely-Chopped French Beans- 2 nos.
Chopped Spinach- ¼ cup
Steamed & Shredded Chicken- 1 ½ tbsp
Red Chili Powder- To taste
Salt- To taste
Olive Oil- 2 tsp
• Heat 2 tsp of oil in a nonstick pan; add the shallots and sauté on medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the rest of the vegetables, chicken, and spinach, and sauté for 5 minutes. Season it with salt and chili powder, turn off the heat, and keep aside.
• Break 2 eggs into a bowl, add 1 tbsp of milk, salt, and pepper to taste and whisk it all together until frothy.
• Heat ½ tbsp of oil in a nonstick pan; add the egg mixture and spread to make a round omelet. Cook for a minute and turn over. Cook for a few seconds and flip again.
• Now add the sautéed vegetables on one half of the omelet, sprinkle some cheese on it, and use the other half to cover it. Cook for a few seconds.
• Remove the omelet and serve hot along with tomato ketchup or toasted bread.