Suva kadhi is a homely preparation made with dahi, besan, dill leaves, and other spices. This kadhi is a very good source of calcium and meets almost quarter a day of your requirement. The best part is this recipe is not only healthy, but also tasty.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 7 minutes
Makes: 6 servings
Chopped Dill Leaves (Shepu/Suva)- ¼ cup
Bengal Gram Flour (Besan)- 2 tbsp
Curd (Dahi)- 2 cups
Ginger & Green Chili Paste- 1 tsp
Curry Leaves (Kadi Patta)- 2 to 3
Sugar- 4 tsp
Salt- to taste
Cumin Seeds (Jeera)- ½ tsp
Mustard Seeds (Rai)- ½ tsp
Asafetida (Hing)- A pinch
Whole, Dry Kashmiri Red Chili- 1 whole, broken into pieces
Oil- 2 tsp
• Mix curd, besan, and 2 ½ cups water to a nonstick pan.
• Whisk well until no lumps remain and the mixture is smooth.
• Add the ginger and green chili paste, curry leaves, sugar, and salt to the mixture.
• Cook for 2 to 5 minutes, while stirring continuously.
• Now heat oil in a nonstick pan, add the jeera and mustard seeds.
• When the seeds splutter, add the hing and Kashmiri chili.
• Sauté on medium flame for a few seconds.
• Add this tadka to the kadhi and mix well.
• Finally, add the dill leaves, mix well, and cook for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
• Serve hot.
• If the curd is sour, reduce the water, and replace it with ¼ cup of milk.