- Meals and Recipes
- 5 Months ago
Sweet & Sour Baked chicken
Hooked to Chinese? Try out this Sweet & Sour Baked chicken. This is baked and not fried chicken recipe, tossed in a sweet, savory sauce that's also low in sugar content.
Whole-Wheat Flour- ¼ cup
Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast- 250g (cut into bite-sized pieces)
Beaten Egg- ¼ cup
Fat-Free Chicken Stock- ¼ cup
Cornstarch- 1 tbsp
Sugar Substitute - 1 tbsp (or) Sugar- 2 tbsp
Rice Vinegar/ Normal Dark Vinegar - 1 ½ tbsp
Soy Sauce- 1 tbsp
Chopped Garlic- 2 tsp
Chopped Ginger- 2 tsp
Spring Onions- 2 tbsp (chopped)
Red Chili Flakes- According to taste
Oil- 4 tsp
Salt- To taste
• Preheat the oven at 380°F.
• Grease the baking sheet with a little oil.
• Take ¼ cup of wheat flour in a bowl.
• Add the chicken pieces to the beaten egg.
• Take a chicken piece and shake it to remove excess egg and coat it with flour.
• Repeat the process for all the chicken pieces.
• Now place the chicken pieces evenly on the baking tray and bake the chicken for about 10 minutes until it is thoroughly cooked through.
• In a bowl mix, the chicken broth, cornstarch, sugar, vinegar, and soya sauce, and whisk it thoroughly.
• Heat 2 tsp of oil in a non-stick pan.
• Add the chopped garlic and ginger until slightly soft and fragrant.
• Now add the broth mixture and red chili flakes, and cook until it is slightly thickened.
• Finally add the chicken and toss to coat the pieces.
• Garnish with spring onions.
• Serve hot.
Note: Vegetarians can use paneer instead of chicken.