- 7 Months ago
Be it soups or desserts, beetroot can secure a place in almost every recipe. You can have this versatile vegetable in the form of an appetizer or introduce it into the main course itself. It has a varied number of health benefits too. So here is one more interesting tikki recipe to add to your large recipe book.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Makes: 6 to 8 servings
Potatoes- 120g, boiled and mashed
Green Chilies- 4, finely chopped
Ginger Paste- 2 tsp
Shahi Jeera- ¼ tsp
Black Pepper- 1/8 tsp, crushed
Corn Flour- 1 tbsp
Wheat Flour- 1 tbsp
Cardamom Powder- ¼ tsp
Mace Powder- 1/8 tsp
Cinnamon Powder- ¼ tsp
Finely-chopped Mint Leaves- 1 tbsp
Finely-Chopped Coriander- 1 tbsp
Garam Masala Powder- 1 tsp
Cooking Oil- 3 tbsp
Butter- 1 tbsp
Salt- To taste
• Wash and peel the beetroots and carrots, and cook in enough water for 10 minutes.
• Cool the veggies, grate them, and keep aside.
• Heat 1 tbsp oil and 1 tbsp butter in a nonstick pan, toss in the jeera, green chilies, ginger paste, black pepper, and stir well. Now add the grated beetroots and carrots, and cook for 5minutes.
• Add the potatoes and salt, and cook until all the moisture disappears.
• Add all the remaining ingredients except for the corn flour, wheat flour, and bread crumbs.
• Mix well and divide the mixture into 16 equal portions. Make tikkis out of the mixture.
• Mix wheat and corn flour in a bowl, add 1 cup water and mix again to make a thick batter.
• Dip the patties in the batter; roll them in bread crumbs and then shallow fry on medium flame until golden brown on both sides.
• Serve hot with mint chutney or ketchup