Black Plum (Jamun) Raita
- 7 Months ago
Black plum (jamun) is often avoided by many, because of its sharp and tangy taste. However, this fruit is known to have medicinal value and is a boon for diabetics. They contain an enzyme called “Jamboline”, which controls the blood sugar level and helps to manage diabetes. Jamun raita is a delicious dish made with low fat curd and jamun, enhanced with spices like cumin and coriander. Select soft, pulpy, ripe jamuns. You can serve the raita with pulao or use it as a dip with khakra or crackers.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Makes: 3 servings
Black Plums (Jamuns)- ½ cup, deseeded and finely chopped
Low-Fat Curd- 1 cup
Roasted Cumin Seeds Powder- ½ tsp
Finely-Chopped Coriander- 1 tbsp
Salt- To taste
Coriander- A sprig for garnish
- Whisk the curd using a whisker until it is smooth. Keep aside.
- Mix curd, jamuns, cumin, and chopped coriander in a bowl.
- Season it with a little salt.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Garnish with a sprig of coriander.
- Serve chilled with pulao or khakra.