Broccoli and Bean Sprouts Stir Fry
- 7 Months ago
Bean sprouts are rich in nutrients like vitamin C, protein, and fiber which keep you full and improve the function of insulin in the body. Mix these nutritious sprouts with colorful vegetables to make a low calorie snack that is both tasty and nutritious.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
Bean Sprouts- 1 cup
Broccoli (Roughly Chopped)- 1 cup
Thinly-Sliced Capsicum- ½ cup
Sliced Baby Corn- ¼ cup
Finely-Chopped Garlic- 2 tsp
Dried Thyme- 2 tsp
Oil- 1 ½ tsp
Chili Flakes- To taste
Salt- To taste
• Blanch broccoli and baby corn in boiling water and keep aside.
• Heat 1 ½ tsp oil in a wok or a non-stick kadai, on high flame.
• Add garlic and sauté for a minute.
• Now add the bean sprouts, broccoli, capsicum and baby corn and stir fry on high flame for a few seconds.
• Add the thyme, chili flakes, and salt, and cook for 2 minutes.
• Serve hot.
You can also make use chicken/ mushrooms/paneer or tofu in the stir fry.Remember to cook the vegetables on a very high flame to prevent mushrooms from letting out any water.