Ways To Overcome Exercise Barriers - Part 1
- 11 Months ago
We have 1440 minutes of time everyday and still can't find a mere 30 minutes to exercise! Let's look at a few common exercise barriers and ways to overcome them...
Barrier - I don't have time to exercise. This is one of the most common reasons cited.
- Get up a little early in the morning than your usual time.
- Squeeze in 10 to 15 minutes of walking twice or thrice a day.
- During your weekend include lots of physical activity. Spend time with family either hiking or trekking or playing an outdoor game. Clean your car/ scooter, iron clothes, clean your cupboard or involve yourself in housework.
Barrier - I am too tired to work-out at the end of the day.
- Exercise will actually make you feel better even if you do it at the end of the day. So don't give up.
- Finish your exercise in the morning.
- Split your exercise to 2 or 3 different parts during the day.
Barrier - Exercise is boring.
- Don't do it alone. Involve family or friends to make it more fun.
- Change your exercise pattern regularly.
- Learn new forms of exercise.
Barrier - My family and friends are not physically active.
- Don't let that stop you. Carry on with your exercise and you might become a motivator for others to join.
- Make new friends when you go to the gym or aerobics classes or on your walk.
- If your family is visiting a mall, try to walk around or climb stairs instead of taking elevators or escalators. When you take your children for extracurricular activities, make sure you are also physically active along with them.
MORE INFORMATION ON "WAYS TO OVERCOME EXERCISE BARRIERS" COMING NEXT WEEK...WATCH THIS SECTION!