Cucumber Dosa (Thousali)
- 7 Months ago
Thousali is a traditional Konkani dish made from cucumber and rice. This can work as a healthy and interesting alternative to the regular dosa.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Makes: 2 to 3 servings
Semolina (Rawa/Sooji) - 1 cup
Coconut- ½ cup, grated
Green Chilies- 4
Ginger- 1 small (1”) piece
Water- ½ cup
Banana- ½, sliced
Jaggery- 2 tsp
Olive Oil- To grease the pan
MTR Chutney Powder- As required
- Thoroughly wash, peel, and grate the cucumber. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Grind the coconut, chilies, and ginger along with ½ cup water to make a coarse paste.
- Mix grated cucumber, banana, coconut paste, jaggery, and salt in a bowl.
- Add rawa and mix well to make a dosa batter.
- Heat a nonstick pan and grease it with some olive oil.
- Spread some dosa batter and cook on both sides.
- Serve hot with MTR chutney powder.
Note: To make it less calorie-dense, avoid adding coconut and jaggery to it.