- 6 Months ago
Are you determined to meet your weight loss goals? If healthier habits and weight loss are among your resolutions, give yourself a pat on the back for making health a top priority. The hard part is actually sticking to it and making real changes!
Eating less food is not going to work, so you need to re-think and break away from the old ideas you have about weight loss. You now need to shake up your old belief system and shock your metabolism to the core by changing your eating habits completely. The results will be astonishing!
- Set realistic goals: You gradually gained the weight over several months and even years, so always remember that you're in this for the long haul.
- Write your goals down: If you want to truly do something, write it down. Put your contract somewhere that will keep you reminding of the promise you have made. The fridge is a great place since this is the main area which will make or break your resolution.
- Set a definite date: If you just say you're going to meet your goal sometime within the year that will not work. In fact, you will probably fall into the "I'll start next week" trap. Instead, mark your calendar for a certain date for each goal that you want to achieve.
- Remove the temptations: Go into your kitchen and remove all bad foods from your refrigerator and pantry.
- Meet mini-goals: Make small changes every week and they will add up in time. E.g. Week One: Drink 10 glasses of water per day. Week Two: Take the steps at work instead of the elevator.
- Friends for ever: You don't have to do it alone! Tell your friends and family what you want to accomplish and tell them how they can help you.
- Document everything: Keep a detailed record of your weight loss, dietary intake and how you are feeling.
- Keep healthy stuff readily available: Put fruit on display in the kitchen. Keep a few energy low-fat crackers in your desk drawer at work to avoid visiting the vending machine.
- Eat before you get ravenously hungry: If you forget to eat breakfast, by the time lunchtime rolls around you're starving, light-headed, cranky, and ready to chow down on the fastest, most convenient thing - like fast food. Keep healthy munchies around so you're never famished so as to make bad choices. Along the same lines, don't go to the grocery store hungry.
- Don't ban your favorite foods for life: Let's be honest. Food is life. Moderation is the key. Give yourself a day of treat once a month or every 3 kg you lose. Remember, if you have to earn it, it tastes even better when you do.
By incorporating the important tips above, you will have a better road map to succeed with your new year's weight loss resolution!