While, we see many cosmetic products on the market for treating dry, cracked hands, most of them are full of chemicals and unhealthy.
Hence it is better to get rid of these expensive products and turn your attention to easy homemade products that are natural, cost-effective, and healthier for the skin.
Gram Flour Paste
- Mix gram flour and curd together to make a paste. Apply this paste to your hands and rinse it off after 15 minutes.
- Mix gram flour along with coconut oil and use it instead of soap. Gram flour is a natural exfoliator.
Glycerin & Rose Water
- Mix a teaspoon of lemon juice and glycerin in a bowl. Add a few drops of rose water and apply this mixture twice a day to get silky smooth hands.
Also Read: Hand sanitizer VS Handwashing
- Just slice a lemon in half, dip it in sugar, and rub it on your hands. This remedy will make your hands soft and remove the tan.
- Mix some fresh cream with lemon juice. Add a teaspoon of sugar to it and massage your hands with it for 10 minutes. This will help you get rid of parched hands.
- Use coconut oil to massage your hands. It helps in healing cracked skin. However, make sure you don’t go out in the sun after applying coconut oil as you could get tanned. For best results, apply it at night.
- Take some lukewarm milk in a wide bowl and dip your hands in it for 5 to 10 minutes. Do not wash your hands after dipping them in milk. Just pat them with a dry towel and apply a moisturizer. Do this regularly to get rid of rigid, dry skin.
- Boil 2 potatoes in water and mash them. Add 2 teaspoons each of glycerin and almond oil and mix it all together to make a paste. Apply this mixture to your hands. Keep it for an hour and wash it with lukewarm water.
- Add a tablespoon of white vinegar to the water. Soak your hands in it. Do it daily to make your hands soft and supple.
Olive Oil & Oats Paste
- Mix olive oil and oatmeal together and rub them on your hands. Wait for 15 minutes and rinse off. It helps you get rid of dead skin cells and softens the skin. Alternatively, massage your hands with only olive oil.
Struggling with dry or rough skin? Consult a Dermatologist on The Wellness Corner. Download the app.
- Mix 2 teaspoons of sugar with baby oil/vegetable oil/olive oil and massage it on your hands in a circular motion. Keep it for 10 to 15 minutes and wash it off with water. Apply a moisturizer afterward.
- Mix ¾ teaspoon of sugar with a tablespoon of honey. Massage this mixture on your hands for 2-3 minutes and rinse it off. You will definitely get silky soft hands.
Vinegar & Onion Juice
- Mix vinegar and onion juice together and apply them to your hands to get wrinkle-free skin within a few days.
In a Nutshell
Dry skin doesn't just show up on the face and body. It can also spread to the hands and can be made worse by exposure to drying chemicals and physical exertion. Use these home remedies that can relieve the symptoms and make hands more nourished and soft.