Are your jeans feeling uncomfortable and tight? Do, you really wish to try out those shorts but worried they won't suit you? If you've been looking for ways to slim down those flabby thighs, than check out these 4 workout moves, guaranteed to help you get those sexy legs you always dreamt of!
1. Inner-Thigh Lifts
- For inner thigh lifts, you need to lie down on your right side, supporting your head on your hand (fold your arm and rest your head on it, in case the position starts straining your neck).
- Keep your right leg extended and slightly forward and bend your left leg while placing your foot flat on the floor in front of your right leg.
- Now using your inner thigh muscles, lift your right leg toward the ceiling, at the distance of at least 6", hold, and then slowly bring it down.
- Repeat it for the left leg.
[ Experiencing burning thigh pain? Check what that might indicate ]
2. Seated Leg Raises
- For seated leg raises, sit on a sturdy chair and rest your feet on the floor with your knees bent at 90°. Rest your hands on the sides of your chair.
- Lift and extend your right leg and simultaneously exhale while you do so.
- Now hold the leg for 30 seconds as you breathe normally and then inhale as you lower your right leg.
- Now do it for the left leg.
[ Also check: Lower body deskercises ]
3. Single-Leg Squat
- For the single-leg squat, stand with your feet together and arms by the sides.
- Shift your weight onto your right foot, while you do this, and rest the toe of your left foot next to your right foot for balance.
- Now holding you're back straight, bend your hips and knees, and slowly sit back onto your right leg, raising your arms straight in front of you as you lower them.
- You can hold onto the back of a chair for balance while doing this.
- Hold the position for a second and stop and then press into your right foot through the heel and stand back.
4. Seated Pillow Squeeze
- For seated pillow squeeze, sit on a sturdy chair and rest your feet on the floor with your knees bent at 90°.
- Now place a pillow between your thighs and exhale as you squeeze the pillow between your thighs.
- Hold this position for a minute as you breathe normally. Rest for a minute in between sets.
- Do two sets of 10 to 12 reps on each leg, two or three times a week and leave a day of rest between workouts.
You cannot target one or spot-reduce fat in specific body parts. Simply put, it isn't how weight loss works. However, you may strengthen the muscles in your legs to make them appear firmer and more "toned."
Work every angle of your lower body with these thigh-slimming exercises to develop incredibly powerful legs.