5 Basic Tips to Beat the Heat This Summer
- 5 Months ago
Summer is back! The moment we think of the scorching heat, not many of us would really want to step out of our dwellings. Read on to know what can keep your energy high to enjoy the season.
- Bottoms up: It is always important to drink plenty of water for proper hydration. Water intake needs special attention in the summer. Try keeping a bottle of water with a few ice cubes in it with you. Whenever you go out in the summer so that you have something to drink.
- Wear loose cotton clothes: Cotton absorbs the sweat from your body, keeps you cool and prevents infection. Avoid synthetic fabrics in summer season because most synthetic fabrics do not breathe.
- Wear light color clothes: Light shades keep you cool as they reflect most of the sunrays back into the atmosphere.
- Include salads in your diet: Salad greens contain Vitamin A, Vitamin C which possess antioxidant properties. Onions have the ability to beat the heat and provide relief from summer ailments.
- Turn off the lights: Light bulbs gives off heat. Take proper advantage of natural light as much as possible and keep rooms cool after dark by using lights minimally.
- Go for a swim: The body loses heat in water much quicker than it loses heat in air. Taking a dip will cool you down and if you are swimming in the sun, do not forget to apply sunscreen to prevent a painful sunburn.
These tips may seem like small changes but they can bring you a major cool down effect in summers.