5 Magnificent Benefits of Sunflower Seeds
- 7 Months ago
Sunflower seeds are filled with many health benefits that can be greatly helpful to you. These seeds are easily available all around the year, and just a small quantity of seeds can do wonders.
Here is a list of the many benefits you can get from the seeds:
- Sunflower seeds control cell damage and thus play an important role in preventing cancer. This is because the seeds are rich in selenium, which is effective against cancer.
- Along with calcium, they also contain other bone-healthy minerals like magnesium and copper. It also contains lots of vitamin E, which helps to reduce arthritic pain.
- Sunflower seeds help you stay calm. They contain a lot of magnesium, which is known to soothe nerves, ease stress and migraines, and thus help you relax.
- They provide a healthy glow to the skin. The start nutrient here is vitamin E again. It combats the harmful UV rays and thus keeps your skin youthful and glowing.
- They help to alleviate all kinds of inflammatory conditions like joint pain, gastric ulcers, skin outbreaks, and asthma. This is because sunflower seeds are loaded with antioxidants. Just ¼ cup of the seeds a day is enough to gain all the health benefits.
- Sunflower seeds are also known to protect the heart. They contain healthy fat which is good for the heart.
Sunflower seeds are really crunchy, have a delicious nutty taste, and therefore can be easily incorporated in the diet. All you need to do is sprinkle them on your salads, porridges, and stir-fries. You can also add them to your yogurt, pasta, and rice, or simply add them to your flour to make chapattis.
The combinations are endless, just like its’ qualities.