Clean and clear skin is still a dream for many people that seems unachievable when your skin is all loaded with acne, blemishes, and dirt due to pollution, sun exposure and mischief in healthy habits. According to our experts, a regular clean-up can keep your skin dramas at bay. It is time to elevate your beauty routine and experience the goodness of clean-up for healthy skin. Let’s start with exploring some benefits of clean-up:
Benefits of Clean-Up
- Dirt-free skin- It keeps your skin free from bad bacterias, dirt, pollution, and excessive oil, therefore giving your face a fresh appearance. Basic ingredients like glycerine can help to remove surplus oil in your skin.
- Rejuvenates skin- A proper clean-up can help remove blackheads that clog your skin. Cleaning up opens the pores, improves skin texture, repairs cells that further slow down skin aging.
- Hydrates the skin- It nourishes the skin, prevents winter dryness, summer rashes while keeping your skin soft and moisturized.
- Keeps acne and blemishes away- By getting rid of dead cells through clean-up, you can get radiant skin free of acne, pimples, and other related issues.
- Reduces tan- Including a tomato in your clean-up ingredients reduces tan and pigmentation.
You may also like: How to protect skin this summer?
8 Simple Steps to Do a Clean-Up at Home
Stepping out these days simply means adding to the risk of getting infected with the coronavirus. And if you are a working person, that’s another reason why you wouldn’t want to spend your effective hours outdoors. Chillax, our experts understand that struggle which is why they have pinned 8 simple steps to follow the DIY clean-up right at the comfort of your home.
STEP 1 - Wash your face with your usual facial cleanser and lukewarm water. Apply toner immediately after washing.
STEP 2 - Take some cleansing milk on a cotton ball and wipe your face with it to unclog the pores.
STEP 3 - Boil some water in a steamer or a vessel and expose your face to the steam for as long as your skin can tolerate it. This unclogs pores and removes the dirt.
STEP 4 - Rub an ice cube over your face and gently massage making circular motions. This step will help to cool down the skin after an intense steam session.
STEP 5 - Proceed to exfoliate your skin with your preferred scrub for 5 to 10 minutes.
You may also like: Scrub the dead skin away!
STEP 6 - When the scrub begins to dry, apply some honey over your face and leave it on for 5 to 8 minutes. Honey prevents pimples and gives you glowing skin.
STEP 7 - Wash the scrub off and apply a facemask of your choice. Place two cucumber slices over your eyes and relax for 15 to 20 minutes. Once the face mask is dry, wash your face with lukewarm water.
STEP 8 - Pat dry your face with a soft towel and apply a toner. Moisturize your skin with a moisturizing cream.
THE ABOVE STEPS WILL HELP YOU ACHIEVE SOFT, GLOWING, DIRT-FREE SKIN IN JUST 20 MINUTES.
Another Way (Completely Natural)
Did you know, your kitchen has all the natural ingredients for a perfect clean-up home remedy?
What you need- Tomatoes, lemon, honey…..yes, that’s it!
- Mash the tomatoes to form a paste of thick consistency.
- Squeeze two tablespoons of lemon juice into it.
- Blend them well and keep them in the refrigerator for about 10-15 minutes.
- Next, add honey to the cool mixture and mix it.
- Showtime! Apply this mixture on your face with bare hands or a clean brush.
- Leave it for about 20 minutes and rinse it with normal water.
- Be cautious while applying anything on the under-eye area.
- Be gentle when using your fingers on your face. Don’t over rub.
- Make sure to use a clean towel to pat dry.
- Don’t overdo the cleansing part daily. It is recommended to clean-up every alternate week.
- If you have kids at home, keep your clean-up kits out of their reach.
- Try not to use any chemical products as they can have adverse effects on your skin.
You may also like: Things to keep in mind while applying a face mask
Clean-up and Facial: Are They Same?
A lot of people have trouble choosing between clean-up and facial, to be honest, most of them think they are the same but they are not! While both of these include common steps like cleaning, scrubbing, blackhead and whitehead extraction followed by a face pack, facial includes some special steps like massage. Also, clean-up can be done once every 2 weeks but facials are recommended once in 4-6 weeks.
Too bored to step into the salon for your routine clean-up? No worries, you can manage your very own clean-up at home, since now you know what to use and how to go about it. Your face is the focal point of your body, it needs to be pampered and you don’t need professionals for it when you can be a pro yourself.