Baby Corn Pepper Stir Fry
- 7 Months ago
Baby corn pepper stir fry makes for an excellent side dish for parathas, rice, and pulaos. It is low in calories and also makes an awesome low-calorie starter for parties.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Serves: 2 people
Baby Corn- 10
Finely-Chopped Big Onion- 1
Ginger Garlic Paste- 1 tsp
Finely-Chopped Capsicum- 3 tbsp
Salt- To taste
For the Masala:
Peppercorn (Kalimiri)- 1 tsp
Fennel (Sauf)- 1 tsp
For the Garnish (Tadka):
Oil- 3 tsp
Cumin (Jeera)- ½ tsp
Curry Leaves- A few
- Wash the baby corn thoroughly, trim the edges off, and cut them in small circles. Set aside.
- Dry roast the peppercorn and fennel seeds for 3 minutes or until you get a nice roasted aroma. Cool, grind it coarsely, and set aside.
- Heat oil in a nonstick pan, add cumin and curry leaves. Let the cumin start popping.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and sauté for a minute. Add the chopped onion and sauté until it turns translucent. Now add the peppercorn and fennel mixture.
- Add the chopped capsicum, salt, and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Now add the baby corn, sprinkle some water and cook covered for 5 to 10 minutes. Check in between and flip over to prevent it from burning. Keep cooking until the baby corn turns soft and all the flavors are absorbed.
- Serve hot with rice or use it as a stuffing.