- 8 Months ago
It is better to have dry carbohydrates for breakfast or a healthy snack if you are fed up of regular biscuits and breads. Bajra, with its high fiber content would be apt for people with diabetes and heart diseases.
Preparation Time: 10 mins.
Cooking Time: 25 mins.
Makes 7 khakhras.
1/2 cup bajra flour
2 tbsp whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp ginger-garlic paste
1/4 tsp green chillies, finely chopped
1/2 tsp sesame seeds
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp oil
ghee for cooking
salt to taste
1. Combine the bajra flour, whole wheat flour, ginger-garlic paste, green chillies, sesame seeds, turmeric powder, oil and salt.
2. Add enough warm water and knead well into a firm dough.
3. Divide the dough into 7 equal portions and roll each on a floured surface into a 75 mm. (3") diameters thin circle.
4. Cook on a hot tava (griddle) on both the sides with a little ghee until brown spots appear on top of the rolled out dough.
5. With the help of a folded muslin cloth, press the khakhra from all sides and cook till crisp, over a slow flame.
6. Repeat for the remaining to make 6 more khakhras.
7. Cool and store in an air-tight container.