Baked Multigrain Palak Matris
- 8 Months ago
These crisp, baked multigrain palak matris are a great alternative to the fried version. They make for a wonderful evening snack, especially during monsoon season.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Baking Time: 15 minutes
Baking Temperature: 200°C
Makes: Approximately 40 small matrees
Jowar- ¼ cup
Soya Flour-¼ cup
Nachni Flour- ¼ cup
Finely-Chopped palak Leaves- 2 tbsp
Til- 2 tsp
Chili Powder- ¼ tsp
Turmeric Powder- ¼ tsp
Gur (Jaggery)- 2 tsp (dissolve it in a small amount of water)
Palak Puree - 1 cup (grind raw palak in a mixer)
Oil- 1 tsp
Salt: To taste
1. Mix all the three flours in a bowl.
2. Add finely-chopped palak leaves, til, chili powder, palak puree, turmeric powder, and gur to the atta.
3. Mix them all and knead into a soft dough.
4. Divide the dough into 40 equal portions.
5. Roll the dough into small puris or triangles
6. Prick the puris with a fork.
7. Grease the baking tray with little oil.
8. Pre-heat the oven at 200°C.
9. Arrange all the puris on the baking tray.
10. Bake the puris for 10 minutes.
11. Cool and store in an air-tight container.
Note: To make red-colored matrees add beetroot juice while kneading the dough.