Beetroot & Carrot Soup
- 7 Months ago
Beetroot and Carrot Soup is one of the healthiest and loved soup by health freaks. This soup recipe is a sweet-sour combination and is made with very few ingredients. This brightly colored vegetable soup provides a lot of vitamin A, which is good for your skin and eyes. Beetroot gives the soup its natural sweetness and lovely red color. These veggies also adds fiber to the soup, thus, making it an ideal recipe for weight watchers and also diabetics and heart patients.
This sumptuous soup not only fills up the stomach but also satiates the soul. The delicious combination of beetroot and carrot is a powerhouse of natural flavors and has an aroma that will savor your taste buds.
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Makes: 1 cup
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Energy- 22 calories
- Protein- 0.6 g
- Carbohydrate- 4.6 g
- Fat- 0.1 g
- Vitamin A- 529.2 mcg
- Beetroot- ¼ cup, peeled and chopped
- Carrot- ½ cup, peeled and chopped
- Salt- To taste
- First wash the vegetables well.
- Add beetroot and carrot to the pressure cooker, 1 cup of water and pressure cook (approximately 2 whistles) for some time.
- Once cooled, blend the vegetables in a blender.
- Strain the soup using a strainer.
- Transfer the soup to a nonstick pan and bring to a boil.
- Season with salt.
Let it cool slightly and serve lukewarm.