Broccoli & Walnut Soup
- 7 Months ago
Broccoli is widely regarded as one of the healthiest vegetable. Broccoli is a nutritional powerhouse, loaded with iron, fiber, zinc, phosphorous and Vitamins A, B, C and K. Apart from preventing diabetes, heart disease and cancer, it detoxifies your body and prevents osteoporosis. Furthermore, walnuts are a good source of omega-3 fatty acid that not only protect your heart but also gives you a wonderful skin. This fiber rich soup also helps in weight loss. Try making this simple broccoli soup with the goodness of walnuts that is as delicious as it is healthy.
- Preparation Time: 10 mins
- Cooking Time: 15 mins
- Makes: 4 servings
- Chopped broccoli- 2 cups
- Chopped onions- ¼ cup
- Roughly chopped boiled potatoes- ¼ cup
- Corn flour- 2 tsp
- Milk- 1 cup
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Chopped Walnuts- ¼ cup
- Mix 2 tsp of corn flour in milk and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan; add the chopped onions and sauté on medium flame for a minute.
- Add the broccoli and sauté on a medium flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Add 2 ½ cups of water to it and cook until the broccolis are done, while stirring occasionally.
- Once done, cool the mixture and blend it in a mixer along with potatoes to make a smooth puree.
- Transfer the puree into a deep pan, add milk and bring it to a boil and season it with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with chopped walnuts and serve hot.