Carrot Cakes - A Healthy Dessert
- 8 Months ago
Carrot, the colorful vegetable is everyone’s most favorite pick. Carrot are loved in different forms - grated, cooked and raw. Here is a cake recipe for everyone, a recipe that is healthy, attractive and perfect for everyone to eat with gusto!
Serves: 8 to 10
• 1.5 cups of grated carrots
• 2 whole eggs or 500g milk maid
• 85gm of wheat flour
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 1/4th spoon sodium-bi-carbonate
• 3/4th cup powdered sugar
• ½ cup oil
• ½ tsp finely powdered cinnamon
• Sieve flour, baking powder, cinnamon powder and soda. Keep it aside.
• Beat eggs and powdered sugar till frothy. Add oil gradually, beating them all the time.
• Add grated carrots to the flour, Mix lightly, do not over do.
• Add carrot flour to egg mixture and mix gently.
• Pour it to a greased pan.
• Microwave it for 4-5 minutes and check with tooth pick after 4th minute.
• If the cake it sticking the tooth pick then keep it for another one minute more.
• Let the cake cool for 10 minutes. You can add the icing if necessary.
To make this recipe low calorie and low fat, here are some tips:
1. Add only egg whites.
2. Substitute normal oil with olive oil.
3. Add brown sugar instead of white sugar.
This can be served as an evening snack or a mid morning snack time meal. The recipe is simple, healthy and perfect to add variety to your kid's snack!