Corn Chowder Soup
- 7 Months ago
Made from corn, celery, assorted and creamy white base, this classic English soup will definitely keep you warm this monsoon!
Preparation Time: 25 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
Makes: 6 servings
Chopped Bottle Gourd (Dudhi/Lauki)- 1/3 cup
Roughly-Chopped Potatoes- 1/3 cup
Roughly-Chopped Onions- 1/3 cup
Cabbage- A small piece
Butter- 1 tbsp
Chopped Onions- ¼ cup
Chopped Celery ( Ajmoda)- 2 tbsp
Refined Flour (Maida)- 2 tbsp
Milk- 1 cup
Sweet Corn Kernels ( Makai Ke Dane)- ¾ cup
Salt and Freshly-Ground Pepper- To taste
Nutmeg Powder (Jaifal)- To taste
Chopped Celery- 1 tbsp
Diced Tomato- 2 tbsp (optional)
Grated, Processed Cheese- 2 tsp
For the White Base Stock
• Take 4 cups of water in a deep pan, add all the vegetables, and boil till it reduces to ¾ of its quantity. Keep aside to cool.
• Blend the mixture in a blender until smooth, strain it, and keep aside. You can use it as and when required.
For the Soup
• Heat the butter in a nonstick pan, add onions and celery and stir on a medium flame till the onions turn translucent.
• Add the maida and cook on low flame for 30 seconds, while stiring continuously.
• Add the white base stock, milk, and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes, while stirring continuously.
• Add the sweet corn kernels, salt, pepper and nutmeg powder, stir well and simmer for another 10 minutes.
• Garnish with celery, tomatoes, and cheese and serve hot.