Creamy Cucumber Avocado Soup
- 7 Months ago
No need to eat your cucumber in its raw version anymore. Try this silky-smooth delicious soup made with cucumber and avocado. It is rich in fiber and good fat.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Makes: 4 servings (1 cup each)
Avocado- 1 cup, diced
Extra-Virgin Olive Oil- 1 tbsp
Garlic- 2 cloves, finely chopped
Onion- 1 small, finely chopped
Lemon Juice- 1 tbsp
Cucumbers- 4 cups, peeled, seeded, and thinly sliced
Vegetable Stock- 1 ½ cup
Salt- ½ tsp
Freshly Ground Pepper- ¼ tsp
Chili Flakes- A pinch
Parsley- ¼ cup, finely-chopped plus some more to garnish
Low-Fat Plain Yoghurt or Curd- ¼ cup
• Heat oil in a large nonstick pan on medium to high heat. Sauté garlic and onion until tender for about 5 minutes. Add lemon juice and cook for a minute.
• Now add 4 cups of cucumber slices, vegetable stock, salt and pepper, and chili flakes and bring it to simmer. Lower the flame and continue cooking until the cucumbers turn soft. Switch off the gas once the cucumbers are cooked well and let it cool.
• Once cooled, transfer the cucumbers to a blender; add avocado and parsley, and blend until smooth.
• Pour the soup into a serving bowl, add yoghurt, and mix well.
• Refrigerate for up to 4 hours.
• Garnish with parsley and serve the soup chilled or warm and serve if desired.