Do you have peeling fingertips?
- 7 Months ago
The peeling of skin around the fingertips is a very common problem as the skin is sensitive and gentle. It causes a lot of discomforts and can be painful at times. There are many reasons which can cause the skin to peel around the fingertips. It's always best to know the causes so that preventive measures can be taken.
What causes peeling fingertips?
• Use of harsh chemicals
• Washing hands frequently
• Extreme cold temperature can reduce the moisture content of the skin making it dry and causing it to peel
• Allergies, deficiency of vitamin B and diabetes
Here's what you can do to prevent it from occurring:
• Use warm water to wash your hands and avoid washing your hands frequently
• Moisturize your hands every time you wash them
• Use cucumber on the affected area as it is known to possess anti-inflammatory and healing properties for the skin
• Massage your hands with olive oil, it will help in keeping your hands moisturized and nourished
• Drink plenty of water as skin peeling could also be a sign of dehydration
• Apply aloe vera gel to treat the affected area
The next time you are plagued with peeling fingertips, try the above!