Eat Smart During the Holidays
- 13 Months ago
Maintaining weight during the holidays or any other time of the year is all about self-discipline. A bit of planning and a dash of determination will help you watch your weight. Remember, it is possible to enjoy your holiday time with family and friends and continue to practice a healthy eating behaviour. Here are a few tips that might be helpful:
• Eat a light healthy meal before going out to a party or family gathering.
• Drink plenty of water as it helps to delay hunger pangs.
• Practice portion control.
• Use small plates and load them up with salads and fruits.
• Snack on salad vegetables such as carrots, cucumber, celery, lettuce, tomatoes when hungry.
• Reduce intake of sweets, foods high in salt and fat.
• Limit alcohol intake.
• Stay on track with your fitness program.