Egg white benefits
- 8 Months ago
Eggs are always considered to be a good source of protein, but people refrain to have them with a fear that it would contribute to their cholesterol levels. But little do people know that only the egg yolk contributes to cholesterol in the body.
Here are a few benefits of egg white:
• One egg white contains 9 essential amino acids and 6gm of high quality proteins.
• Egg whites prevent muscular degeneration due to carotenoid present in them.
• Lutein and zeaxanthin present in eggs lowers the risk of developing cataract.
• A study conducted by Harvard school of Public health concludes that the consumption of egg white prevents blood clots, heart attacks and stroke.
• It is the only food that contains naturally occurring vitamin-D.
• Studies prove that regular consumption of egg whites reduces the risk of breast cancer.
• One egg white contains 17 calories, 0.1gram fat, 0% cholesterol, 0.2 g carbohydrates, 3.6g proteins, 2.3mg calcium.
• Egg whites are beneficial for skin care as they help reduce acne and have bleaching effect. It helps balancing oil in oily skin.
• It helps delay the occurrence of wrinkles on the skin and protects from sun burn.