Exercise - a burst of bliss!
- 8 Months ago
Exercise is a great way to boost you mood and improve emotions. When you exercise, your body releases endorphins, adrenaline, dopamine and serotonin. These chemicals work together to make you feel good. Additionally, after exercising you may feel a sense of triumph and your muscles will loosen up because of the workout- easing tension and strain. It can also help people with mild depression and protect one against depression and anxiety.
Research suggests that you can get a burst of energy and bliss without even breaking that much of a sweat which might be exactly what you need in the middle of a stressful day. A study conducted by Northern Arizona University study showed that just ten minutes of moderate exercise improved overall mood and vitality in people without depression.
The other benefits of exercise on mental health include:
• Exercise increases concentrations of norepinephrine, a chemical that can moderate the brain‘s response to stress. Working out can reduce stress and boost the body's ability to deal with existing mental tension.
• Physical fitness can boost self-esteem and improve positive self image.
• Exercise boosts the chemicals in the brain that support and prevent degeneration of the brain.
• Exercise can also help people with anxiety disorders.
• It also boosts memory and ability to learn new things.
• Exercise helps in addiction recovery.
• Research shows that those who make time for exercise on a regular basis are more productive and have more energy.
Make time for exercise if you want to reap these benefits!