Five Cooking Tips
- 12 Months ago
A few simple cooking tricks can make a boring dish even more delicious or simplify your cooking process altogether. So here, we've compiled this list of tips to make every time in the kitchen a successful one. Check ‘em out!
Tips On Cutting & Peeling
- Wrap the fruits and vegetables in the newspaper before refrigerating to keep them fresh for long.
- Wash vegetables before peeling or cutting to preserve the water-soluble vitamins.
- Soak potatoes and eggplant after cutting, to avoid discoloration.
- If you boil vegetables in water, do not throw the water, keep it to make gravies.
- After peeling onions cut in half and soak in water for about 10 minutes before cutting to avoid crying.
Tips On Cooking
- Peel and cut the onion into two halves and soak in a bowl of water for 15 minutes before chopping them. This will save you from burning eyes and runny tears.
- Add a pinch of sugar while boiling or cooking green leafy vegetables to retain their bright green color.
- To make melt in the mouth paneer curry, soak paneer cubes in hot water for 10 minutes and drain them before using in the recipe.
- To retain the bright green color of spinach after blanching, immediately transfer them into a bowl of ice-cold water.
- Punjabi curries taste best when you prepare it’s gravy a day before and use it to make a curry. Prepared gravy should be stored in the refrigerator to allow flavors of spices mingle together well.