Fruits & Vegetables Decrease Diabetes Risk
- 13 Months ago
In a recent 12-year study, people who ate the most fruits and vegetables had a 74% decreased risk of getting diabetes compared to those who ate the least.
Researchers found that the higher a person`s vitamin C blood level, the lower the risk of getting diabetes. People who had the highest blood levels of vitamin C were eating, on average, 5-6 servings of fruits and vegetables daily.
Note: The vitamin C that decreased the diabetes risk was only gained from eating fruits and vegetables, not from taking supplements.
For best health, eat a wide variety of fresh fruits and vegetables daily.
Eating a lot of fruits and vegetables has many health benefits. It:
• Helps to prevent obesity
• Decreases the risk for many cancers
• Reduces the risk of coronary heart disease and strokes
• Decreases the risk of type 2 diabetes
• Helps in controlling blood pressure.
• Helps in boosting the immune system.
• Helps in preventing constipation.