Grilled Shrimp Pasta Salad
- 8 Months ago
Tired of having the same, boring roti sabji daily in your meals? Try this yummy, easy to make, low calorie pasta filled with mouth-watering grilled shrimps and vegetables.
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Grilling: 10 mins
Makes: 2-3 servings
Penne pasta - 3 cups
Shrimps (cleaned) - 1 cup
Red capsicum - ½
Yellow capsicum- ½
Onion - 1
Sweet corn (boiled) - ½ cup
Chopped garlic- 1 tsp
Olive oil- 1 table spoon
Black pepper powder- ½ tsp
Oregano - ½ tsp
Basil - 5-6 no
Chilli flakes- ½ tsp
Balsamic vinegar or fresh lime juice - 1 Tbsp
Parmesan cheese- 1 tbsp (optional)
Salt to taste
• Boil 6 cups of water in a saucepan and cook the pasta in boiling water till aldente. Drain the pasta in a colander, rinse it under running water and keep aside (do not use oil and salt).
• Dice onion, red and yellow capsicum.
• Brush the vegetables and shrimp lightly with olive oil and grill them on griller or non stick griller for 10 minutes, turning occasionally.
• In a non stick pan, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil and sauté garlic for a few seconds.
• Add the grilled shrimps, vegetables, sweet corn and sauté for a few minutes.
• Add oregano, black pepper powder, chilli flakes, basil and salt to taste and toss everything together gently.
• Lastly, add balsemic vinegar and parmesan cheese and mix well.
• Serve hot.
For a creamy texture, you can whisk ¼ cup of plain yogurt and pour it over the pasta.
Vegetarians can use paneer / tofu or boiled soya chunks instead of shrimps.
Avoid adding cheese to keep it low calorie.
You can also refrigerate the pasta and serve it cold.