Healthy Indian Soups this Winter
- 8 Months ago
Nothing can relax and soothe you like a soup does, when you are trying to beat the cold temperature outside. It is the most comforting food and not to forget, healthy and delicious too.
Tomato: 100 gm
Tamarind: 50 gm
Whole black pepper: 1 tsp
Cumin seeds:1 tsp
Garlic: 2 cloves
Turmeric powder: 2 gm
Few curry leaves
Salt to taste
Coriander leaves: for garnishing
750 ml Water
Mustard seeds:1/4 teaspoon
Red chilli whole: 2nos
• Extract tamarind juice from soaked tamarind and throw away the pulp. Crush cumin seeds, pepper and garlic coarsely
• Take tamarind extract, add chopped tomatoes, turmeric powder, crushed pepper, cumin, garlic, salt and curry leaves. Boil them together.
• Once it starts boiling, keep the flame low and let it simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the raw smell of the tamarind goes away.
• Heat a teaspoon of ghee and add mustard seeds to it. When it begins to splutter, add the red chilli, curry leaves and pour it over the rasam. Garnish with fresh coriander and serve hot.
Lemon coriander soup
Cabbage: 50 gm
Carrots : 25 gm
Spinach : 20 gm
Mushroom : 25 gm
Fresh coriander : ½ cup
Salt to taste
Black pepper : 5 gm
Lemon juice: 1 teaspoon
Water : 800 ml
1. Finely chop vegetables, blanch and refresh.
2. Prepare coriander stock with fresh coriander and water.
3. Remove coriander from it and add blanched vegetables to it.
4. Add salt, lemon juice and pepper. Serve hot!