Here's how you can reduce that large tummy
- 6 Months ago
The dangers of belly fat are real! Excess belly fat makes the body difficult to process insulin and increases the risk of developing diabetes. It increases the risk of developing high levels of cholesterol and triglycerides. Fat cells secrete a hormone called cortisol which increases the levels of stress and high blood pressure. Those with flabby abdominals are more likely to suffer from strokes and heart attacks, as the fat cells interfere with functioning of the body's vital organs. It increases the risk of chances of certain types of cancer.
Here's how you can reduce belly fat:
- Have healthy foods like vegetables, fruits, greens, grains.
- Regular exercises like brisk walking, jogging, cycling and swimming.
- Drink 6 to 8 large glasses of water every day.
- Do abs exercises in moderation.
- Reduce intake of deep fried foods and refined foods.
- Avoid junk foods like cookies, chips, sweets. Most junk foods contain refined carbohydrates and sugar leading to reduction in fat burning and increasing the appetite.
- Avoid unnecessary carbohydrates: Refined flours and foods like white bread, pasta, donuts, cakes and biscuits should be avoided. Fresh fruits and vegetables should be instead.
- Avoid late night snacks.
- Reduce alcohol consumption.