Instant Vegetable Dosa
- 7 Months ago
This easy-to-make healthy dish can be had for breakfast as well as dinner. You can use any vegetables of your choice. Some of the options can be spinach, tomato, bottle gourd, pumpkin, carrot, or beetroot. This recipe is a complete meal by itself and doesn't require any side dish.
Rice- 1 cup
Tur Dal- ½ cup
Chana Dal- 2 tbsp
Urad Dal- 2 tbsp
Chopped Vegetables- 1 cup of your choice
Dry Red Chilies- 4 nos.
Hing- ¼ tsp
Ginger- 1 small piece
Jeera- 1 tsp
Salt- To taste
Oil- For making dosa
• Wash and soak the rice and dals for 1 to 2 hours.
• Grind the rice and dals together along with the vegetables, red chilies, ginger, jeera, hing, salt, and water to make a batter of normal dosa consistency.
• The batter is ready to make dosas (no need to ferment it)
• Heat a non-stick pan or tava on medium heat. (The tava should be so hot, that when you sprinkle a few drops of water, it sizzles and evaporates)
• Add a little oil on the hot tava and coat the entire pan with oil, using a small piece of onion.
• Now take a spoonful of batter and pour it in the center.
• Quickly spread the batter in a circular motion using the back of the spoon.
• Add a little oil on top of the dosa.
• Cook for about 2 minutes on both sides. Leave it for a longer time, if you like your dosas crispy.
• Serve hot with pudhina or coconut chutney.