Is CLA a New Weight Loss Mantra?
- 9 Months ago
We have heard that a lot of malnourished (not necessarily underweight) people take synthetic nutritional supplements to attain a healthy weight. Why are we not wise enough to choose natural supplements to achieve the same? Is it because they do not come with eye catching advertisements or just because they come free of cost, or rather a low cost, or they are just not "branded"?
It's been more than a decade since researchers have come with natural supplements like the "Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA)", a type of fat to speed up weight loss, especially the "stubborn fat". CLA also helps people with thyroid issues achieve their dream weight.
People on CLA are also likely to gain more muscle, and not fat once they stop dieting. A few people on CLA can also maintain their lost weight, as CLA prevents the little fat cell from getting big! A few other benefits of including CLA in the diet are:
• Helps increase basal metabolic rate (BMR) which is known to cause weight loss and control abnormal thyroid levels.
• Helps decrease abdominal fat especially in thyroid patients.
• Enhances muscle growth, in turn burning the stored fat and helping in weight loss.
• Helps lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
• Lowers insulin resistance and thus prevent the onset of diabetes.
• Boosts the immune system.
A few natural sources of CLA are mushrooms and dairy products especially ghee. Whole milk also contains fair amounts of CLA and offers protection against prostate and other cancers unlike skimmed milk! Egg yolks and other cooking oils like safflower, sunflower and linseed oils contain traces of CLA as well.
So, do you now understand that a moderate amount of ghee coupled with some physical activity every day isn't a bad regime to follow? Give it a thought...