Liver care during pregnancy
- 9 Months ago
Liver disease associated with Pregnancy is quite uncommon among pregnant women. However, without early diagnosis and appropriate management, severe liver dysfunction can be fatal for both the mother and the baby. So it is very important to ensure that women have complete knowledge about contraceptives because oral contraceptives can cause liver damage, so it is important to counsel them before they conceive. Pregnant women should also be tested for Hepatitis B surface antigen in early pregnancy in order to avoid any complication during pregnancy.
Here are some tips for to-be mother for healthy liver during pregnancy-
- Give preference to organic food items
- Include legumes in your diet
- Include whole grains, whole fruits, and green leafy vegetables
- Drink 8-10 glass of water
- Add freshly squeezed lemon juice in your drinking water
- Avoid sugar
- Avoid processed meat and packaged foods containing preservatives
- Avoid consumption of white flour and soy products
- Avoid full-fat milk, cheese, and cream
- Get enough rest
Please keep in mind that adopting a healthy lifestyle and eating habits can only minimize the complication of liver damage and not treat it completely, so if you are diagnosed with any liver disease get in touch with your doctor immediately.