Low-Cal Carrot-Coriander Soup
- 7 Months ago
This low calorie soup gives you only 36 calories and meets ¾th of your daily vitamin A requirement. It is hence the ultimate choice of soup for weight watchers.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
Finely-Sliced Onion- 1 cup
Carrots Cut into Cubes- 2 cups
Finely-Chopped Coriander- 1 cup
Oil- 1 tsp
Salt & Pepper Powder- To taste
Carrot Strips- To garnish
• Heat 1 tsp of oil in a pressure cooker; add sliced onion and sauté on a medium flame until they turn translucent.
• Add the carrot cubes, ½ cup of coriander, and sauté on a medium flame for another few minutes.
• Now add 4 cups of hot water, salt to taste, stir well, and pressure cook on high flame for 2 whistles.
• Cool the pressure cooker and allow the steam to escape.
• When the mixture is slightly cool, blend it in a mixer until smooth.
• Transfer the blended mixture in a deep nonstick pan and bring it to boil.
• Add the pepper powder, ½ cup of coriander, and mix well. Garnish with carrot strips and serve immediately.