- 8 Months ago
These strong flavoredmint parathas are easy to make and would make a wholesome meal option for your family. These flavorful parathas can be served with curd or pickle and can also be taken for long trips.
Preparation Time: 2 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
Makes 6 parathas
• Mint leaves (finely chopped): 1/2 cup
• Oil: 1 tbsp
• Carom seeds: 1/2 tsp
• Chilli powder: 1/2 tsp salt to taste
• Whole wheat flour : for rolling
• Oil: for greasing and cooking
• Fresh curd
1. Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into soft dough using enough warm water.
2. Divide the dough into 6 equal portions.
3. Roll a portion into a 5" diameter circle using whole wheat flour for rolling and grease it evenly using little oil.
4. Fold the 2 opposite corners of the roti towards the centre, without overlapping them. Now fold the other 2 opposite corners similarly to make a square envelope.
5. Sprinkle 1 tbsp of mint leaves evenly over the envelope and press it lightly so the mint sticks to the paratha.
6. Heat a non-stick tava (girddle) and cook the paratha using a little oil till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides.
7. Repeat steps 3 to 6 to make 5 more parathas.
8. Serve hot with fresh curds and pickle.