Mixed Dal & Vegetable idli
- 7 Months ago
These nutritious idlis are made with 3 different types of dal and are a little heavier than the usual idlis. However, they are very nutritious as along with dals they also contain vegetables like fenugreek, green peas, and carrots. It is an excellent dish to have during early pregnancy as it rich in nutrients like iron, folic acid, vitamin C, and fiber. You also make delicious pancakes of the same batter instead of making idlis.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Makes: 20 idlis
Toovar (Arhar) Dal- ½ cup
Yellow Moong Dal (Split Yellow Gram)- ¼ cup
Chana Dal (Split Bengal Gram)- ½ cup
Fenugreek (Methi) Leaves- 1 cup, chopped
Coriander (Dhania)- 2 cups, finely chopped
Boiled & Mashed Green Peas- ¼ cup
Grated Coconut- ¼ cup
Green Chillies- 3, finely chopped
Onions- ¼ cup, chopped
Carrot- ¼ cup, grated
Salt- To taste
Oil- 1 tsp, for greasing
• Wash the dals thoroughly and soak them for at least 3 to 4 hours.
• Drain and grind the dals to a smooth paste, use approximately ½ cup water to make the paste.
• Add the chopped methi leaves, coriander, green peas, carrot, chilies, onions, and salt, and mix well.
• Use water (as required) to make a thick batter.
• Pour the batter into the greased idli moulds and steam them for 10 to 15 minutes until done.
• Serve hot with chutney.