Mixed Fruit Custard Scrunch
- 7 Months ago
Make your breakfast and desserts healthy with this mouth watering dish. Made with layers of fresh fruits, yoghurt, custard and honey coated oats; this recipe is not only filled with goodness of nutrition but is also really tasty.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
Yoghurt or Hung curd (Beaten) - 1 cup
Honey- 2 tablespoons
Homemade vanilla custard- ¾ cup
Diced mixed fruits of your choice- 2 cups
Rolled Oats- ¾ cup
Strawberry or mixed fruit jam- 2 tablespoons
• In a bowl, stir homemade vanilla custard and yoghurt together and keep aside.
• Heat a non-stick pan on medium heat and toast rolled oats for a minute.
• Add honey to the oats and stir on medium heat until the oats become slightly crispy.
• Beat 2 tablespoons of jam with 2 tablespoons of water and keep aside.
• Take 4 tall glasses or small bowls. Add some oats to the bottom of the glasses and reserve some for the topping. Place a layer of mixed fruits on it. Now pour the custard on the fruits. Drizzle some jam and repeat a layer of fruits and custard. Lastly, sprinkle the remaining toasted oats.
• Serve chilled.
• To make homemade custard, make a paste of 1 tablespoon of vanilla custard powder with 2 tablespoons milk. On medium heat, boil 2 cups of milk with 1 tablespoon sugar. Add the custard powder paste to the boiling milk and stir continuously till it reaches a slightly thick custard consistency.
• You can replace sugar and jam with honey or date syrup or reduce the quantity of sugar used to make it healthier.