Mushroom & Tofu Clear Soup
- 7 Months ago
This soup is not only easy to make but also very convenient as you can make use of any vegetables of your choice. This soup is low in calories and is full of nutrition. The mild flavor of lemon grass is the highlight of the soup. In case you don't like tofu, you can always replace it with paneer.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
Vegetable Stock- 3 cups
Thickly-Sliced Mushrooms- 1 cup
Rehydrated & Sliced Oyster Mushrooms (Optional) - 1 cup
Tofu Cubes- 1 cup
Finely-Chopped Green Chilies- ¼ tsp
Galangal or Fresh Ginger- 1" (25mm) piece, peeled and crushed
Lemon Grass- 1 stalk, crushed
Lemon Leaves- 5
Soy Sauce- 1 tsp
Tomatoes- 2, deseeded and chopped
Finely-Chopped Spring Onions- 2 tsp
Finely-Chopped Coriander- 1 tbsp
Lemon Juice- ½ tsp
Coriander Sprigs- A few to garnish
• Heat a deep nonstick pan and add vegetable stock to it and boil.
• Add the mushrooms, tofu, green chilies, galangal, lemon grass, and lemon leaves, and stir well.
• Boil for 5 minutes or till the herbs start to release the flavor.
• Now add the soya sauce, tomatoes, spring onions, coriander, and cook for another 1 to 2 minute.
• Season the soup with salt and turn off the stove.
• Add the lime juice and mix well.
• Garnish with coriander sprigs and serve hot.