Mushroom Tomato Sandwich
- 8 Months ago
Snacks are an important meal in the day. Though most of you would associate a snack to something unhealthy, snacks are eaten for health reasons! Eating healthy snacks helps you stay away from stomach problems such as acidity and constipation, and also keeps a check on your body metabolism. Here we bring you a recipe of a sandwich with protein - rich mushrooms and tomatoes.
Cooking time: 10 minutes.
Preparation time: 5 minutes.
Serves: 8 sandwiches
• 2 cups fresh mushrooms
• 2 medium sized chopped onions
• 2 medium sized chopped tomatoes
• 1 tablespoon chopped coriander
• 2 teaspoons oil (olive oil)
• 4 toasted whole wheat bread slices
• chilli powder (to taste - optional)
• Salt to taste
• Heat the oil and fry the onions for half a minute.
• Add tomatoes and fry again for a little while.
• Add the green chilli, coriander leaves and chilli powder and fry again for some time.
• Add the mushrooms and salt and cook for a few minutes.
• Cut each toasted bread slice into two. Spread the mixture on top and serve hot.
You may add your favorite vegetable along with these.
Note: If you have a normal body mass index (BMI - 18 to 24.9) then you may choose to have two sandwiches. If you are on a weight loss regime, then please choose to have one sandwich. A person with a low BMI can add mayonnaise or butter or a slice of cheese with two sandwiches