Mushroom and Tofu Stir Fry
- 8 Months ago
This easy dish is a tasty mélange of crisp vegetables, mushroom, and tofu stir-fried in schezwan sauce. It makes for an excellent, healthy starter and is super-quick to make when you have unexpected guests.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
Makes: 2 servings
Finely-Chopped Onions- ¼ cup
Finely-Chopped Garlic- 1 ½ tsp
Baby Corn- 4 to 5 nos.
Quartered Mushrooms- ¼ cup
Carrot (Peeled & Cut Into Strips)- ½ cup
Broccoli Florets- ½ cup
Bean Sprouts- ½ cup
Tofu Cubes- ½ cup
Tomato Ketchup- 2 tsp
Schezwan Sauce- 2 tsp
Sugar- ½ tsp
Corn Flour- 1 tsp
Oil- 2 tsp
Salt- To taste
• Blanch the baby corn, carrot, and broccoli and keep aside.
• Mix 1 tsp of corn flour in ¼ cup water and keep aside.
• Heat 2 tsp of oil in a wok or a non-stick kadai.
• Add the garlic and onions and stir fry for a minute or two.
• Now add the baby corn, broccoli, bean sprouts, carrots, tofu, and mushrooms, and sauté for 2 minutes.
• Mix the tomato ketchup, sugar and corn flour paste together and add to the vegetable-tofu mixture.
• Add the schezwan sauce and salt; mix well and cook for a minute.
• Serve hot.
Note: You can use paneer or chicken instead of tofu.