Nutritious Bajra Khakras for pregnant women
- 8 Months ago
Fed up of morning sickness? Try having some dry carbohydrates for breakfast instead. Include these crunchy bajra khakras in your breakfast. Rich in iron, these khakras will not only ease your morning sickness but will also improve your hemoglobin levels.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
Makes: 7 khakras
Bajra flour - ½ cup
Whole wheat flour - 2 tablespoon
Ginger garlic and green chili paste- 1 tsp
Til - 1 tsp
Turmeric- ¼ tsp
Flaxseeds- 1 tsp
Oil- 1 tsp
Ghee - approximately 1 tablespoon for cooking
Salt to taste
• Mix bajra flour, wheat flour, til, flaxseeds, turmeric, salt, oil and ginger garlic& green chili paste together.
• Add enough warm water in the flour and knead it well to form a firm dough
• Divide the dough into 7 equal portions and roll each of them into 75 mm, 3 inch rotis
• Cook it on a hot tawa on low flame till pink spots appear on both sides on the khakra
• While cooking, press it down with a muslin cloth to make it thin and crunchy
• Apply ghee on top
• Cool and store them in an airtight container
Tip: Rich in folic acid green leafy vegetables are important during pregnancy. You can make the dough using hot palak or methi puree to increase your folic acid intake.
Healthy can be tasty indeed, these khakras are one the examples for it. Happy Pregnancy!