Plan a Healthy Diwali!
- 10 Months ago
Diwali is undoubtedly the festival of lights and rich dishes! Diet and festival don't go hand in hand. And if you are trying to follow a strict diet around the same time, be ready to make some changes for the better. Your positive attitude and determination towards weight loss can make this festival a colorful, fat-free, happy and guilt-free one!
Here are some Healthy Diwali Mantras:
- Make your food and fitness compatible buddies. Make sure you work out on the festival day too.
- Replace sugar with honey and jaggery, but use it in moderation. Try and cut down on the number of sweet dishes.
- Substitute regular milk/rich curd with low fat milk and skimmed curd.
- Remain hydrated throughout the day. Do not forget to drink water before you start your meal.
- Eat your meal slowly and don't binge.
- Eat small, regular healthy snacks like salads & nuts like walnuts, almonds, pistachio etc. as they are loaded with generous amounts of fat, protein & fiber.
- Eat fresh fruits to curb your cravings for sweets.
- Try making some low-calorie, low-fat creative recipes this Diwali.
- Include more grilled, baked and roasted recipes.
- Use minimum amounts of oil and ghee. Replace it with olive oil.
Give your diet and health a thought before you pop that sweet into your mouth. Eat in moderation and enjoy the festival of lights!