- 8 Months ago
Beaten rice (poha) and spinach are rich in iron. Also, addition of lemon juice helps in absorption of iron. Try this recipe and enjoy its benefits.
Soaking Time: 1 hour
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
Makes 10 cutlets
2 cups beaten rice (poha)
1/4 cup yellow moong dal, washed and drained
1 tbsp finely chopped green chillies
1/4 cup finely chopped spinach
1 tbsp finely chopped coriander
2 tsp sugar
2 tsp lemon juice
salt to taste
3 tsp oil for greasing and cooking
tomato ketchup or green chutney
1. Soak the moong dal in enough water in a bowl for about an hour.
2. Drain, add the rice flakes and green chillies and grind to a coarse paste, without using any water.
3. Transfer the mixture into a bowl, add the spinach, coriander, sugar, lemon juice and salt and mix well.
4. Divide into 10 equal portions and shape each portion into a round ball and flatten it between your palms.
5. Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), grease it using 1 tsp of oil, and cook 5 cutlets using 1 tsp of oil till they turn brown in colour from both the sides.
6. Repeat steps 1-5 to make 1 more batch of cutlets.
7. Serve hot with tomato ketchup or green chutney.