Sour Spinach & Corn Sabji
- 7 Months ago
This luscious green sabji is rich in fiber, calcium, vitamin A, and iron. You can make different variations by adding a variety of ingredients like potatoes, koftas, paneer, and dumplings.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
For The Green Paste (Makes 3/4 Cup Paste):
Cleaned & Chopped Spinach (Palak)- ½ cup
Kasuri Methi- 2 tsp
Khatta Bhaji( Indian Sorrel Leaves)- ½ cup
Chopped Coriander- ½ cup
Green Chilies- 2
Ginger- 1" (25mm) piece
Sugar- ½ tsp
Oil- 1 tbsp
Onion Paste- ½ cup
Tomato Puree- ½ cup
Haldi- ¼ tsp
Coriander-Cumin Seeds Powder- 2 tsp
Garam Masala- ¼ tsp
Steamed Sweet Corn- 1 cup
Milk- ½ cup
Salt- To taste
For the Green Paste:
• In a deep pan add ¼ cup of water, spinach, kasuri methi, Indian sorrel leaves, and sugar, and cook on medium flame for 5 to 10 minutes or until the water evaporates. Switch off the gas and set aside to cool.
• Add all the remaining ingredients to the cooled mixture and blend in a mixer until smooth. Keep aside.
• Heat oil in a nonstick kadai, add onion paste and sauté on a medium flame until the paste turns brown in color.
• Add the tomato puree, haldi, coriander-cumin powder, and garam masala powder, and simmer on a medium flame until the oil separates from the gravy.
• Now add the green paste gravy and sweet corn. Mix well and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
• Add the milk and salt, stir well and cook for another 2 minutes.
• Serve hot with chapatti or rice.
• Sprinkle a little water while sautéing onions to prevent it from burning.