- 8 Months ago
Batata poha, a traditional Maharashtrian dish is an all time favorite breakfast option. Make this high - carb recipe rich in protein by replacing potatoes with nutritious sprouts.
Preparation Time - 10 minutes
Cooking Time- 8 minutes
Makes- 4 servings
Rice flakes or Poha- 1 ½ cups
Boiled mixed sprouts of your choice- 1 ½ cups
Finely chopped onions- 1 cup
Finely chopped green chilies- 1 Tablespoon
Curry leaves- 5-6 nos
Mustard seeds - ½ tsp
Turmeric- ½ tsp
Sugar- 1 tablespoon
Hing - a pinch
Salt to taste
• Wash the rice flakes lightly in a sieve.
• Drain the excess water and add salt, sugar and turmeric over it. Mix it gently and keep aside for 10 minutes.
• Heat oil in a non stick pan.
• Add mustard seeds in the hot oil and let it crackle.
• Now add the onions, green chilies and curry leaves and sauté till the onions turn soft.
• Add the boiled sprouts, hing and mix for 2 minutes.
• Finally add the rice flakes and mix well.
• Cook for 2-3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
• Garnish with fresh coriander.
• Serve hot with a slice of lemon.