Tips for healthy bones
- 10 Months ago
Planning a healthy retired life? Get started today with tips on how to make your bones stronger.
Mantras to Stay Fit
- Stretch when you wake up.
- Exercise four days a week. In particular, try walking, jogging, tennis, aerobics and dance.
- Fish and seafood have the highest calcium content - 700-1,500 mg per 100 g.
- Go easy on coffee, alcohol and cigarettes.
- Take calcium citrate supplements, not calcium carbonate. Citrate gets absorbed easily. 1,000 mg with 200 IU vitamin D and 500 mg of vitamin C.
- Never eat calcium with milk products. It affects absorption. Have it at night, preferably thirty minutes after dinner.
- Curd is better than milk, since curd contains vitamin C, which helps calcium absorption. 100 g of curd has 150 mg of calcium. 100 ml cow's milk has 120 mg calcium.
Calcium-rich Vegetables (seving size: 100 g)
- Cauliflower: 630 mg
- Colocasia (arbi) leaves: 250 to 350 mg
- Paneer (very fattening): 790 mg
- Turnip leaves: 700 mg
- Carrot leaves: 350 mg
- Fenugreek leaves: 400 mg
- Lotus stem: 405 mg