- 10 Months ago
Punjab has been in the news for the high levels of soil contamination.The only way to fight toxins is to increase nutrient intake.
- Take a multivitamin pill every day. Even if you're healthy.
- Take an anti-oxidant supplement daily and drink green tea.
- Increase your doses of vitamin C, zinc, selenium and calcium if you feel you are consuming some amount of toxins (see: Common Toxins).
- Remove outer leaves of vegetables and thoroughly wash all fresh produce in vinegar solution (a teaspoon of vinegar in a bowl of water).
- Avoid aluminium and copper utensils.
- Switch to mineral or bottled water.
- Eat mineral-rich foods like nuts and seeds.
- Don't wrap food in aluminium foil.
- Cut down on alcohol, it increases lead and cadmium absorption.
- Avoid antacids, they contain aluminium salts.
- Avoid processed foods and carbonated drinks
Reproduced from Outlook Business's Wellness Column by Rachna Chhachhi